It's obvious, I am bad at blogging! I really want to say that I'll try to keep up this time, but I said that last time! Let's just see how it goes ;)
Well, Layla will be 3 in only 2 months... I really can't believe it! The other night I was reminiscing and looking at her baby photos which was bitter sweet. I miss my small little newborn and time is going by too quickly... but she sure is blooming into such a wonderful and beautiful little girl! She still has a speech delay but she is talking more and more lately! One of my favorite recent conversations...
Layla "Ohhh Belly!"
Me: "Oh does your belly hurt?"
Layla: sadly says "Yesss"
Me: "Oh... Do you need a snack?"Layla: "No... candy!"
That girl thinks she is smooth!
Being Layla's mother is such a blessing. She is truly an angel. She is every day proof that God will never give you more than you can't handle. I've had my personal reasons why it's been a rough situation... but good always comes from bad and I will always believe that. God works in mysterious ways!
Life is good. We recently took our first official family vacation to Ocean City, MD. Not only was it Ben, Layla, and I it was also my grand parents, 2 aunts, uncle, 5 cousins, and my sister. Ben and I had a nice room with a kitchenette that we shared with my sister. The resort was amazing. There was an indoor pool, out door pool, Pirate Ship splash park, putt putt, movie room, and diner, all on the property! Ben spent time fishing off the pier which I know made him very happy. I had a great time para sailing for the first time with my sister! My all time favorite was just seeing how happy Layla was! She had such a great time on the beach, swimming at the pools, playing at the splash park, and riding the rides on the board walk! Vacation put a hole in our pocket but it was worth every penny to see Layla so happy! <3
Some of Layla's favorite things... her stuffed dog, saying "Me too!" excitedly after everything you say, having tea parties, and watching Dora! Every night, she grabs her book "My Goodnight Book" and has either mommy and/or daddy read it to her before she goes to bed. She likes to act out the scenes, like washing her hair, brushing her teeth, then pretending to be asleep at the end of the book. When kissing her good night, she says "Better" which means she wants me to tell her "Feel better". I was sick a few weeks ago and Ben told her to tell me "Feel better". Since then, she wants me to tell her to feel better every night :) Sometimes, she will show me her knee (that she scratched pretty badly when on vacation) so I can tell her knee to feel better! :)
Anyway, it's about time to get this girl into bed. My favorite thing in the world is cuddling her, kissing her a million times, and telling her "I love you".
Tuesday, July 10, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment